THE CORE CONVICTION of Evangelical Friends is that Jesus Christ can speak directly to every person and meet their deepest needs: "There is only One Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus" (I Timothy 2:5). As a young man George Fox (1624-91), our human founder, sought for truth and inquired of many priests of his day where he might find it. Fox found truth for himself on Pendle Hill, England. After this personal encounter with The One who called Himself "The Way, The Truth, and The Life" (John 14:6). Fox started a movement that has always had results way bigger than its numbers. Out of that central conviction many of our beliefs and practices flow: that every born again believer is a minister (1 Peter 2:9), that we don't depend on any human teacher to teach us truth (1 John 2:27), and that both sexes may minister equally (Galatians 3:28), and so forth.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT is to Experience God and Connect. Loving relationships centered in Jesus are what we are all about. As Friends, we take our name seriously: "But I have called you Friends..." (Jesus in John 15:15). Spiritual friendships and fellowship in the early church were strong (Acts 2:42-47). These can actually make us resistant to the deceitfulness and hardening of sin (Hebrews 3:12-14). They are encouraged to prevent falling away as some will do as the harsh end times approach (Hebrews 10:24-25). The way we treat others in the church is a mirror image of the way we treat Him (Matthew 10:40; I John 4:19-21).
OUR VISION & PRIORITIES - At Alliance Friends Church we want build up people in Christ so they may build up others in Him. (Ephesians 4:11-16; II Timothy 2:2).
1. WORSHIP - Daily pray for and expect the presence and love of Jesus to be powerfully experienced in my worship - group and private. (Matthew 18:19, 20).
2. BIBLE READING - Meditate on God's Word at least ten minutes per day (2 Timothy 3:16,17).
3. FRIENDSHIP EVANGELISM - Concentrate time, love, and prayer on one unsaved or unchurched friend this year to help them continually move closer to Jesus (John 1:40-42).
4. PRAYER & WITNESSING - Daily ask and watch for God's "exceeding abundant" work in my life . . . and then TELL someone about it (Ephesians 3:20).
5. FELLOWSHIP & DISCIPLESHIP - Join or continue participation in a Christ-centered small group (Hebrew 3:12-14; 10:24,25).